Re: statically linking in srfi modules

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: statically linking in srfi modules
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 17:11:00 -0500

I wrote:

> Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> <libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3 The specified module could not be found.>
>
> The problem is the call to 'load-extension' near the top of
> 'srfi-1.scm', which again tries to load that shared library.
> You'll have to remove that call from 'srfi-1.scm'.
>
> You should probably do the same thing for libguile-srfi-srfi-13-14-v-3,
> so that Denemo users who wish to use the string or character set
> libraries can do so.

Sorry, I was mistaken.  It turns out that srfi-13-14 was moved into the
core a while ago, and that shared library is just an empty dummy
library.  The same is true of srfi-4.

However, there's also a shared library for srfi-60, which should be
statically linked as well.  Just as for srfi-1, the call to
'load-extension' should be removed from srfi-60.scm, and you should add
the following to your C initialization code:

  scm_c_register_extension ("libguile-srfi-srfi-60-v-2", "scm_init_srfi_60",
                             scm_init_srfi_60, NULL);

    Regards,
      Mark