guix-devel

Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 18:50:48 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 03.10.2013, 13:07 +0200 schrieb Andreas Enge:
> That is true. But I feel about GNOME as you feel about KDE, and am not
> overly
> motivated to do more work on it, so it would be good if some volunteer
> GNOME users stepped forward to take over.

I'm a GNOME user (and occasional contributor) and may start packaging
once I'm done with PHP (it already installs).

While it should be possible to provide a full GNOME experience (with gdm
and gnome-shell) at the moment, I guess it will be quite a bit of work,
also maintaining it, since GNOME assumes more and more systemd behavior:

http://blogs.gnome.org/ovitters/2013/09/25/gnome-and-logindsystemd-thoughts/

Best regards.

--
GPG: 4F20BC96