guix-devel

Re: Overrding the localstatedir

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Overrding the localstatedir
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 17:15:01 +0100

John Darrington <address@hidden> skribis:

> So so sum up, my suggestions are:
>
> 1.  Either a) remove "--localstatedir=/var" from the configure-flags of the
> definition of guix in package-management.scm;

No, because the setup here is as we (will) use it in the stand-alone GNU
system, such as in the VM.

>     Or b) Set the default localstatedir in configure.ac to /var

No, because it’s really a user setting, like the other ‘configure’
settings.

> 2.  Add a run time flag to guix to override whatever localstatedir was given
> at configure time.

Actually, clients honor the (undocumented) ‘GUIX_DAEMON_SOCKET’
environment variables, so that’s one thing you could use.

The daemon still need to have the right $localstatedir, though.

Thanks,
Ludo’.