guix-devel

Re: luajit recipe

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: luajit recipe
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 00:17:14 +0100

Hello!

Raimon Grau <address@hidden> skribis:

> I've been following this project for some time, and finally got through
> using it for a few packages, and made my first recipe.

Great, welcome aboard!  :-)

Overall this looks good to me,

>     (arguments
>      '(#:modules ((guix build gnu-build-system)
>                   (guix build utils)
>                   (srfi srfi-1))

Actually srfi-1 is not needed because ‘alist-delete’ is re-exported by
(guix build utils), which is used by default.  So the #:modules argument
can be dropped altogether.

>                  #:phases
>                  (alist-replace
>                   'install
>                   (lambda* (#:key system outputs #:allow-other-keys)
>                     (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
>                       (zero? (system* "make" "install"
>                                       (string-append " PREFIX=" out)))))
>                   (alist-replace
>                    'build
>                    (lambda* (#:key system outputs #:allow-other-keys)
>                      (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
>                        (zero? (system* "make" (string-append " PREFIX="
> out)))))
>                    (alist-delete
>                     'check
>                     (alist-delete 'configure
>                                   %standard-phases))))))

This works well, but it can be simplified as:

  #:tests? #f
  #:make-flags (list (string-append "PREFIX=" (assoc-ref %outputs "out")))

>     (description
>      "LuaJIT is a Just-In-Time Compiler (JIT) for the Lua
> programming language. Lua is a powerful, dynamic and light-weight programming
> language. It may be embedded or used as a general-purpose, stand-alone
> language.
>
> LuaJIT is Copyright © 2005-2014 Mike Pall")

The description doesn’t contain a copyright statement in general.

Could you send an updated version with these changes in the format
produced by ‘git format-patch’, and using a ChangeLog-style commit log
(see ‘HACKING’ for details)?  That makes it easier to apply the patch.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Ludo’.