guix-devel

Re: Codefest 2014 Cambridge, MA

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Codefest 2014 Cambridge, MA
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 17:49:05 +0200

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 09:09:22AM -0400, David Thompson wrote:
> I live in Somerville.  I might be able to join in on the 9th, but I'm
> busy on the 10th.n

That would be great! Also for some advocacy.

> Could you elaborate more on how Guix relates to this event?

For biomedical and biological purposes, Cloudbiolinux packages
software. Mostly .deb, homebrew and ad hoc scripts. I have been a Nix
fan for a long time and I think Guix is just the right way forward
(Nix expressions are somehow a little too foreign for many people, I
have found).

It would make sense to move some of the Cloudbiolinux related
packaging to Guix. There will be quite a few good people who are
working on software deployment, so please hop over if you can! There
are 50-60 programmers coming to the hackathon.

Pj.