guix-devel

Re: Texlive and native-inputs

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Texlive and native-inputs
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 18:43:03 +0100

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 06:13:09PM +0100, John Darrington wrote:
> You are probably right - to be sure they should be manually checked.  An
> alternative would be to attempt cross building all the affected packages.

In the case that native inputs should instead be normal, if I understand
correctly, cross-builds will succeed, but the built package will not be
usable on the target system.

Your suggestion detects cases where normal inputs should be native.

> In the case of perl, python, etc I recall that previous discussions
> concluded that if they are needed in installed scripts, then it should be up
> to the
> user to install them.

No, as I understand it, the patch-shebang is there so that scripts run
without installing additional interpreters.

Andreas