guix-devel

Re: Texlive and native-inputs

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Texlive and native-inputs
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:02:10 +0100

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 08:53:24AM +0100, John Darrington wrote:
> In that case, it would seem to me, that perl should not be in input at all.

It should. Perl is needed for "make check". But even if it were not, we
always patch-shebang script files in our packages. Otherwise they would not
be usable, since we do not have /usr/bin/perl. That I personally do not
use these texlive scripts is not a reason to make them unusable!

Now if this has not been done for octave, maybe we should rediscuss it and
add the needed script interpreters to its inputs.

Andreas