guix-devel

Re: Acl

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Acl
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 21:38:32 +0100

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> Adding optional inputs to kdelibs, I notice that acl is not recognised.
> The reason is that the header files are not installed. Would that be easy
> to modify? Maybe by changing the line
>   (zero? (system* "make" "install" "install-lib")))

Commit 16755848 added ‘install-lib’ (before that libacl.so was not
installed), but yeah, installing headers would have been cool too.  ;-)

>   (zero? (system* "make" "install")))
> or not replacing the normal install phase (but then there may be a
> reason for this special command!).

ISTR that the ‘install’ target installs only the executables.

> Concerning the acl test failures, I tried
>  #:tests? #t
> and found that there is no "check" target. A good reason for the
> tests to fail...

Heh.

Anyway, this is depended on by Coreutils, so changes should go to
core-updates.

In the meantime, you can always add a fixed version of ACL for use in
KDE (you could even add a ‘replacement’ field pointing to it in ‘acl’
itself, although that doesn’t seem like a very good use case.)

Thanks for looking into it!

Ludo’.