guix-devel

Re: wip-libreoffice

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: wip-libreoffice
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 20:17:38 +0100

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 07:44:31PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
     On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 07:01:41PM +0100, John Darrington wrote:
     > I've pushed a branch wip-libreoffice which has the start of a package
for
     > libreoffice and dependencies.

     Amazing! I thought you needed java for this?

I think it is optional.  Note the --without-java flag.

     Actually, you could already propose patches for the dependencies that we
     could add to master.

It might be safe to put some of them in master, but libreoffice being
libreoffice
requires some of its dependencies to be configured in a very specific way.  I'm
not yet sure that all of them are correctly configured.

     > I am running out of resources to complete it on my own.  It takes 10
hours to
     > (fail to) build on my machine, before I run out of disk space (it needs
at least
     >  12GB).
     > It is at the stage however where it "builds" but some internal tests
fail for reasons
     > I've not yet determined.    Any help would be greatly received.
     > Can this be scheduled to build on hydra?

     Yes; but I would suggest to disable mips and i686 and keep only the x86_64
     architecture for the test.

That would probably be a sensible approach, at least to begin with.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3