guix-devel

Re: Packaging Coq

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Packaging Coq
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 00:25:31 -0500

Nikita Karetnikov <address@hidden> writes:
> Does anyone know how to proceed?

It would help if you told us something about the problem you ran into,
preferably with relevant excerpts of the failed build output.

I'm also interested in Coq, and attempted to package it about 6 weeks
ago.  I started by trying to update to ocaml 4.02.x, but there were many
test suite failures that looked non-trivial to debug.  I stalled there.

If I were to proceed without the ocaml update, I would start by
packaging "camlp5", which is listed as a build dependency in the Coq
build documentation (INSTALL in the top-level source directory).

It looks like we don't yet have camlp5, and that you didn't attempt to
package it.  Maybe that's the problem?

     Regards,
       Mark