guix-devel

Re: Trivial build system

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: Trivial build system
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 10:33:04 -0500

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> in my work on texlive, I am trying to build a package by simply applying
> the 'unpack and 'patch-source-shebangs phases of gnu-build-system. A working
> approach is to delete all other phases from gnu-build-system, but that would
> break the package whenever gnu-build-system is augmented.

Rather than deleting the other known phases, how about just selecting
the 2 phases you are interested in?

  (map (cut assq <> %standard-phases)
       '(unpack patch-source-shebangs))

It's not obvious to me what the problem is with the build system you
have now, sorry.

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org