guix-devel

Re: acpi, suspend, hibernate

From: Tomáš Čech
Subject: Re: acpi, suspend, hibernate
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 21:59:04 +0100

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 02:37:11PM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:

白い熊@相撲道 <address@hidden> skribis:

I have GuixSD installed on the Gluglug X200 and would like to issue
suspend and hibernate commands. Upon inspecting /proc/acpi however it
seems that this is not built in the current kernel that I have booted.

We currently lack the pm-utils package, which provides ‘pm-suspend’
(currently I use a script that writes to /sys/power/state as Tomáš
suggested.)  Would you like to give it a try?

I wonder if it might be better to implement suspend/resume in dmd, so
that services could easily define actions to be run before suspend and
after resume.  I guess the pm-utils approach is to put shell scripts
into /etc/pm.

I second this idea. Dmd is proper place to implement such actions as
services may benefit from performing actions before suspend or after
resume.

Pm-utils package was collection of hacks and workarounds for broken
hardware. It hopefully won't be needed anymore.

To have the list of options richer, there is also UPower
(http://upower.freedesktop.org/) which is designed to take care of
power management.

Best regards,

S_W