guix-devel

Re: Planning for 0.8.2

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Planning for 0.8.2
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 22:39:11 +0200

We’re making progress!  :-)

I am hoping to be able to release next week, sometime between the 13th
and the 16th, provided we can address the last remaining quirks
(primarily bumping the Guile requirement, and fixing a guix-daemon bug
that shows up when compiling with GCC 5, see
<https://github.com/NixOS/nix/commit/f52b6c944e90b3e35925122779175705fdc02e12>.)

I will need help from someone with an armv7 machine to produce the
tarball for that platform.  Mark, would that be OK for you?

I’d like to have the new web site installed before the release; that
seems doable.

I don’t think “we” (i.e., Mark :-)) can switch to the new hydra.gnu.org
by then, but that’ll still be perfect even if it happens later.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.