guix-devel

Re: FOSDEM 2016

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2016
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:12:53 +0200

Hello,

I think a guile track proposal for FOSDEM is a great idea.  The last 2
years I've put forward FOSDEM proposals, the first for a GNU track, the
second for a Guix track.

The first was declined as the FOSDEM organisers were worried that the
track might not be technical enough.  The second proposal was declined
as a result of us proposing a track on a distribution, when there was a
general distributions track.

I think making the track a Guile track seems like a great approach to
avoid these issues.

I've attached last year's proposal — maybe it would help in formulating
this year's proposal.  I'm also happy to contribute to the discussion in
terms of practical questions that I may be able to answer as a result of
my applications the previous years.  By and large the process is quite
painless.

HTH!

Alex