guix-devel

Re: Build passing status icon

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Build passing status icon
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 06:37:16 +0200

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 09:05:46PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> It turns out that Hydra has a bunch of things under
> lib/Hydra/Controller/API.pm¹.  For example:
>
>   http://hydra.gnu.org/api/latestbuilds?nr=10
>
>   { "project":"gnu",
>     "timestamp":1442315120,
>     "nixname":"gcr-3.16.0",
>     "job":"gcr-3.16.0.mips64el-linux",
>     "system":"mips64el-linux",
>     "finished":1,
>     "buildstatus":2,
>     "nixname":"core-updates",
>     "id":683368 }
>
> The meaning of the “buildstatus” value is given in hydra-postgresql.sql:
>
>     -- Status codes:
>     --   0 = succeeded
>     --   1 = build of this derivation failed
>     --   2 = build of some dependency failed
>     --   3 = other failure (see errorMsg)
>     --   4 = build cancelled (removed from queue; never built)
>     --   5 = build not done because a dependency failed previously (obsolete)
>     buildStatus   integer,
>
> So it’s possible to query the build status of some of the latest builds.
>
> However, we’d need a different URL to get what you want.  That seems to
> be quite simple to do.  Would you or someone else be willing to hack on
> this?

I think that if sub latestbuilds simply accepts a nixname we are set!

Add the Perl lines

   my $nixname = $c->request->params->{nixname};
   $filter->{nixname} = $nixname if ! $nixname eq "";

So we can do
"http://hydra.gnu.org/api/buildToHash?nixname=ruby-2.2.3";, assuming
the DB rec has a field named nixname - which I think it has, because
the result already has the column.

Pj.