guix-devel

Re: JavaScript on web site

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: JavaScript on web site
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 13:52:15 +0100

Hi,

> Alex Vong <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> By the way, does anyone know how to build the guix website from
>> source?

There are some instructions in website/README but I must confess they
are not very explicit.  Assuming that DIR is the root of your personal
guix-artwork repository, in a REPL you can do:

  (chdir "DIR/website")
  (add-to-load-path (getcwd))
  (use-modules (www) (www utils))
  (parameterize ((current-url-root (getcwd))
                 (gnu.org-root "https://www.gnu.org";))
    (export-web-site))

Then you will have the generated html files in “DIR/website”.

Simplifying the build process is on my TODO list.  :)

--
Mathieu Lirzin