guix-devel

Re: proposal: add "packagers" field (list of strings (names)) to package

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: Re: proposal: add "packagers" field (list of strings (names)) to package definition
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 11:57:46 +0100

> For a while I wondered whether attaching names to packages via the
> ‘maintainers’ field would help people feel responsible, and thus help
> keep packages maintained (but obviously this could only be used once the
> ratio of the number of contributors to the number of packages has become
> reasonable.)

I actually found myself wishing for a way to list all packages I
packaged, so I can update them (say, somewhat obscure and possibly
indirect dependencies of packages like mpv, which might end up very
out-of-date since nobody directly cares for them) but then I remembered
this is easy to do via git log grepping, especially thanks to our strict
commit format.

    git log --author=Taylan --grep='^gnu: Add ' --format=oneline |
      sed -rn 's/.*Add (.*)\.$/\1/p'

Taylan