guix-devel

Re: wip-xorg-server-1.18

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: wip-xorg-server-1.18
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:01:59 -0500

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed 24 Feb 2016 18:26, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Next problem: I tried updating my Thinkpad X60 (with Intel graphics) to
>> the media-updates branch, and now I'm seeing lots of rendering errors,
>> most consistently in the tab headers of GNU Icecat:
>>
>> I guess the problem is in the git revision of xf86-video-intel that
>> you've chosen.  I think we'd better use the latest tarball release of
>> this driver instead.

I tried this, and the latest tarball release of xf86-video-intel is the
one we already had before your updates, from 2013, and it does not even
compile against the current xorg-server release :-(

>> Suggestions?
>
> Sure, we can give that a go.  Would you mind reporting your bug
> upstream?
>
> I think I updated to git after thinking that my video was frozen, but of
> course that was the input driver configuration error.
>
> Given that Debian sid uses git snapshots maybe we should just update our
> snapshot:
>
>   http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-xorg/driver/xserver-xorg-video-intel.git

There have been only 8 commits since the one you chose.  However, it
turns out that updating to the latest upstream commit seems to fix the
rendering problems on my X60.  I pushed the update to 'media-updates'.

     Thanks,
       Mark