guix-devel

Re: libressl

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: libressl
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 23:20:24 +0100

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 10:57:19PM +0100, Nils Gillmann wrote:
> It would be nice if we could have some automatized testing for
> failure with an libressl branch which just replaces every
> dependency on openssl with current libressl

Normally I would suggest to build such a branch on hydra, but we probably
do not have the resources now... So if Leo can make a test locally and
report back on what works and what breaks, this will be very nice.

Notice that with Guix, there is no problem in keeping both around, unlike
with traditional distributions: Packages that "just work" can use libressl,
others that need patches can be kept with openssl for the time being.
So we can switch over gradually.

Andreas