guix-devel

Re: On my way to my first patch, need review

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: On my way to my first patch, need review
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 23:43:38 -0700

Ben Woodcroft <address@hidden> writes:

>     5) I speak fluent French, can I add a description and summary in
>     French?
>

> I'm not sure on this sorry.

I think Guix uses GNU Gettext [1] to localize strings, including those
used in package descriptions, but I don't know very much about it.
Since Ludo has committed over 80% of the commits involving the guix/po
directory, he's probably the one who can answer your questions about how
to add a translation.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/index.html

--
Chris