guix-devel

Re: Proposal: Prefix language-name for language library packages

From: alírio eyng
Subject: Re: Proposal: Prefix language-name for language library packages
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 08:45:46 +0000

Hartmut Goebel:
>Am 24.04.2016 um 20:57 schrieb Leo Famulari:
>> What about C? Do we need c-linux-libre?
>why e.g. libsodium does not need to be prefixed by "c-"
the c bias is unix heritage.

c-linux-libre-headers is good to contrast with cl-hurd[0] or pyhurd[1]
similarly there are cryptography libraries for other languages[2]

i agree to prefix every package which only interface is for a specific
programming language.

[0]http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/user/flaviocruz.html
[1]http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pyhurd/
[2]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_cryptography_libraries#Cryptography_libraries_and_their_origin