guix-devel

Re: Call for screencasts!

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Call for screencasts!
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 11:37:36 +0300

Ludovic Courtès (2016-04-17 18:49 +0300) wrote:

> Hello!
>
> It’s Sunday and you’re probably wondering what you could to help this
> wonderful project.  Here’s an idea: make a screencast!  :-)
>
> I’d like a video of at most 5 minutes to put on the home page that would
> showcase, for example (with explanations in English; bonus points if you
> have a good mic and are a native speaker ;-)):
>
>   1. The usual ‘guix package’ commands;
>   2. the Emacs interface, briefly (like the generation diff);

Here is my attempt (50 seconds video).  I think it is not worthy to
appear on the home page, but perhaps it will be interesting for someone.

https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/alezost/m/emacs-interface-for-guix/

Direct link:
https://b2aeaa58a57a200320db-8b65b95250e902c437b256b5abf3eac7.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/media_entries/8851/2016-04-28_105834.webm

It shows a couple of recently added features related to licenses and
locations.

The quality is poor though.  I should have spent more time on figuring
out how to make a proper screencast, sorry.  At least the file is less
than 1MB :-)

--
Alex