guix-devel

Re: CPAN recursive importer?

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: CPAN recursive importer?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 23:59:34 +0200

Hello!

On 19 Jul 2016 22:37, Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a recursive importer for CPAN that outputs all the 'define-public
> I'd need to add to perl.scm ? I'm trying to package spamassassin and it needs
> a *lot* of perl packages we don't have yet.

To the best of my knowledge there is no such recursive importer yet. I was
hoping to put some love into the cpan importer, but unfortunately a tumble from
a bike has meant I need to take some distance from programming for a while :(

For a different package I've been working on that had a great number of perl
dependencies (still submitting patches) I've done the groundwork manually.
Tedious, but quite quick once you get down to it...

Good luck!

Alex