guix-devel

Re: Our git just broke

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Our git just broke
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 12:13:08 -0400

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 02:28:43PM +1000, Ben Woodcroft wrote:
> On 14/08/16 03:28, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> > Also gnutls does not pass it's tests on my system, nor does
> > subversion.
> Both gnutls and subversion are substituted for me on current master
> (891284), indicating they built without issue OK on hydra. Does it still not
> work for you?

Regarding GnuTLS, I assume Pjotr is describing the failure of the
"name-constraints" test [0].

Unfortunately, GnuTLS used a certificate in one of their tests without
taking care to handle its expiration date, so now the certificate has
expired. It looks like a mistake. Other test certificates in their test
suite are guarded against this, and they have committed a fix.

At least we have the substitute.

I would be interested to see the Subversion test failure.

[0]
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-07/msg00602.html