guix-devel

Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 06:32:42 +0000

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

> [ Unknown signature status ]
> Am 16.08.2016 um 16:06 schrieb Alex Vong:
>> Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> The gogs.io website is using a lot of external content, namely from
>>> google and jquery. The FAQ is hosted a another external side, discus.
>>> Gogs is not even self-hosting gogs but hosted at github. gogs.io does
>>> not even state which license it has ("Open Source It all at guithub"),
>>>
>> I am a bit confused here, are we going to (1) host the code on our own
>> server, or (2) using code-hosting service provided by other
>> organization?
>>
>> [...]
>> What I suggested is doing (1) with gogs. Do I understand the situation
>> correctly? WDYT?
>
> Sorry for the confusion. Of course I also suggest doing (1). My
> objection is just about gogs website: They are using content from other
> sites. If we host it ourself, we'd need to take care about this - and
> need to re-check this on every update. Otherwise we would "report
> visitors to other organizations", which would prevent to get "B" grade
> in then GNU Ethical Repository Criteria Evaluations.

Multiple times gitlab was mentioned,

it seems that gitlab can not be used because we require enterprise:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-08/msg02152.html

I keep searching and trying out systems, but it almost seems like to
meet a consent where everyone gets what they want, it needs to be
written. Of course it could be better if we would not have around 32
regular contributors and only around 3 regular reviewers, but for people
who approached me outside of the official channels Email is much more
than just an annoyance, it's impossible for them to contribute due to
various reasons.

I remember using kallithea for a while, but I don't know how good or bad
it was, which features it had. I need to setup an instance and see
what's it like.
It's sauce is here: https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea
--
ng0