guix-devel

Re: Errors Linting Package Definition for New Package ruby-net-http-dige

From: Frederick Muriithi
Subject: Re: Errors Linting Package Definition for New Package ruby-net-http-digest-auth
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 18:07:34 +0300

> There are two TLS errors (here, for GitHub, and below, for NIST). I'm
> not sure but I'd guess that the linter is unable to find your
> certificate store, or it lacks the GnuTLS client. How about if you try
> invoking the linter in an environment where you have all of Guix's
> dependencies available? Like this:
>
> $ guix environment guix --pure -- ./pre-inst-env guilx lint
> ruby-net-http-digest-auth

I tried that and still my system can't seem to find the X.509
certificates. I then hit up the manuals some more to read up on
certificates
(https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/X_002e509-Certificates.html#X_002e509-Certificates)
and tried the same command after setting up as show in the link.
Still, my system couldn't find the certificates.

So I decided to try and lint an already accepted package, for the fun
of it, in this case ruby-concurrent by running:

$ guix environment guix --pure -- ./pre-inst-env guilx lint ruby-concurrent

The same 2 failing certs, github and static.nvd.nist.gov failed, even
in the case of the accepted packages.

At this point I am stumped. For more troubleshooting information, I am
running Debian 8 "Jessie"

$ uname -a
Linux localhost 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2
(2016-10-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I will keep looking, and should I find out what the issue is on my
own, I will update this thread with the results.
If anyone has an idea, I'd be grateful for pointers on what I am doing wrong.

--
Frederick M. Muriithi