guix-devel

Re: rust: Crate Dependencies

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: rust: Crate Dependencies
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 12:12:55 +0100

Hi David,

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:49:19 +0100
David Craven <address@hidden> wrote:

> It matters very
> much which versions of rustc and cargo are used

I used the versions in your v2 patch. I also tried ng0's update which didn't
improve things.

How does rustc find the (Rust) dependencies when building a package in
cargo-build-system? There doesn't seem to be a RUST* or CARGO* environment
variable or anything when I do "guix environment rust-c-vec --fallback". (Note
that I picked rust-c-vec to fix first because it has only rust-libc as
dependency)

I read that there are actual Rust binary libraries, seldomly used, and
everything-included-only-as-source otherwise. How do I specify which it is?

Or is that not implemented yet?

I tried specifying the latter as native-inputs - which doesn't seems to work
either...