guix-devel

Re: It’s building!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: It’s building!
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 23:32:58 +0100

Hello Guix!

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> The machine was initially installed using substitutes from
> hydra.gnu.org, but ever since it has been building stuff on its own (it
> does not offload to any other machine at this point).  Thus it can be
> used to check for reproducibility issues:
>
>   guix challenge gdk-pixbuf \
>     --substitute-urls="https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org
> https://bayfront.guixsd.org";

As mentioned in another thread, this is now summarized here:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/reproducibility.html

The code for this page uses the API of ‘guix challenge’:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git/tree/website/www/packages.scm#n467

Although for many packages we can’t tell anything because bayfront
hasn’t built them yet, we can already see that a number of packages have
reproducibility issues, some of which were already filed at
<https://bugs.gnu.org/>.

Let’s address these!

To investigate reproducibility issues, you need to extract the nars
linked from the page above with ‘guix archive -x’, as shown at:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Invoking-guix-challenge.html

(Remember that those from hydra.gnu.org are bzip2-compressed, while
those from bayfront are gzipped.)

Ludo’.