guix-devel

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Free firmware - A redefinition of the term and a n

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Free firmware - A redefinition of the term and a new metric for it's measurement.
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 18:11:22 -0200

About that conversation involving some GuixSD user: He gave that kind of
recommendation so easily? I'm shocked...

Unless the conversation was cut somewhere, I didn't see indication that
you wanted/want to develop free/libre replacement for the non-free
software needed for RPI 2 to work. In this case, that is if he was
wasn't made aware of such commitment (if it ever exists on your part),
then he shouldn't have made such recommendation, according to
[[http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/applying-free-sw-criteria.html]] and
[[http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/is-ever-good-use-nonfree-program.html]].