guix-devel

Re: Introducing ‘guix pack’

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Introducing ‘guix pack’
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 23:28:05 +0100

Hello Guix!  Hello 2.2 Guilers!

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> I’d like to move support for Docker (currently in ‘guix archive’) to
> this new command because I think it’s more appropriate: ‘guix archive’
> is supposed to be rather low-level so it would not create a profile, for
> instance.

As of right now, ‘guix pack’ can create Docker image (‘guix archive’
can no longer do that):

  guix pack guile-next -S /opt/guile-2.2.0= -f docker

I’d be grateful if someone could check with Docker that I didn’t break
anything though.  Any takers?  :-)

The archive build process is bit-reproducible too, which is pretty cool
(Docker images created in January, 1970!).

That’s it!

Ludo’.