guix-devel

Re: Non-graphical GRUB configuration

From: myglc2
Subject: Re: Non-graphical GRUB configuration
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 11:14:06 -0400

On 04/05/2017 at 11:59 Leo Famulari writes:

> Questions:
>
> 1) In general, is this approach okay?

Hi Leo,

This LGTM, but I was unable to test it because my 'system build' hangs
as reported in bug#26370. Running your commit produced a similar hang
but I think it is not caused by your changes so I reported against the
origin/master commit.

I interpreted your doc to say I should use something like this ...

  (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/nvme0n1")
                                  (serial-speed 115200)
                                  (terminal-inputs '(serial console))
                                  (terminal-outputs '(console))))

... to produce something like this in my grub config ...

serial --unit=0 --speed=115200
terminal_input serial console; terminal_output console

Does that look right?

If so, it may be nice to include an example like this in the doc.

Once I get the system build working I will test further.

TIA - George