guix-devel

"your installation is old" when running via a git checkout

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: "your installation is old" when running via a git checkout
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 10:20:10 -0500

Hi!  I've done this hack so I can run the Guix I'm hacking on from git
as I know some others are as well:

  ln -s ~/devel/guix ~/.config/guix/latest

However, I am getting:

  guix package: warning: Your Guix installation is 233 days old

It looks like it's looking at the age of the "latest" directory, which
wouldn't be useful information since I've symlinked it intentionally.

I wonder if there's a way to turn this off for people who have
intentionally symlinked guix to their git checkout?