guix-devel

Re: "guix system" summary output?

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: "guix system" summary output?
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 13:05:44 +0200

On Tue, 30 May 2017 03:47:46 +0200
Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> wrote:

> > This sample omits the most useful output, which is the summary of what
> > will be done.
>
> Just tested with the spinner so I could actually (potentially) see the
> summary.
>
> It seems that "guix package" prints such a summary (yay!), but "guix system
> reconfigure" doesn't.  The latter just starts downloading stuff and then
> builds stuff - no summary anywhere:

And now it does print the summary.  I've got no idea what's different now.

guix system: warning: Your Guix installation is 477 days old.
guix system: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix system reconfigure' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/0sm3cp68x056gq23a93l37bb725vhfi4-system.drv
   /gnu/store/jmnp4mfa5iv8ra01gzndb4xlf7kkw2ji-grub.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/lmwi7z6s8601swnyyygv9ycdq6bjcmy8-m4-1.4.18.tar.xz.drv
\