guix-devel

Re: Haskell updates?

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: Haskell updates?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 23:41:45 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> is anyone working on Haskell updates?  Looks like we have some catching
> up to do.

I'm not working on it, but I'm willing to join. How do we want to
proceed? What's the plan? What's the strategy?

We have a stackage-importer now, right? Can't we just import all packages from
stackage-lts?

What about the idea, developed by Federico Beffa and Troy Sankey at

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-02/msg00226.html

, to create a package ghc-all-cabal-files as implicit dependency of those ghc-*
packages which are listed in

    https://github.com/commercialhaskell/all-cabal-files/tree/hackage

? Federico, Troy, are you working on this? Unfortunately, both of you
seem to got pretty inactive lately, AFAICS.

--
mekeor ~ EDD3 DFFA 76F6 11C0 145F 9A99 AC85 BAD8 A2F8 C868