guix-devel

Re: npm (mitigation)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: npm (mitigation)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 17:39:29 +0200

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

>> I am currently working on a guile version of what Sander did for Nix for
>> importing entire npm dependency trees, but this will likely lead to lots of
>> programmatically
>> defined packages instead of the guix approach of mostly-manually defining
>> each package.
>>

> What ? Who is Sander ans what did the do for Nix ?

Jelle is referring to the work by Sander van der Burg, who presented
“Deploying NPM packages with the Nix package manager” at FOSDEM 2017.

Here’s the video:

https://video.fosdem.org/2017/K.4.601/deploying_npm_packages_with_nix.vp8.webm

--
Ricardo

  GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
  https://elephly.net