guix-devel

Re: How to add KDE desktop service?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: How to add KDE desktop service?
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:46:08 +0200

Hi Danny,

thanks a lot for this information. This should help me to get started.
Completing will take quite some time, since …

> Hmmm not sure what exactly "components" means.  Are those dbus services?

… this is what I don't know. KDE plasma seems to be huge and I need to
figure out what exactly is needed.

I peek at other distributions implementations to find out what is needed
and currently not even all packages are available in guix. (I worked on
quite some of them, bit this is yet unfinished.) If the packages are
available, I can try to get the desktop started.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | address@hidden               |