guix-devel

Why don't "guix pack" and "guix environment" accept manifests?

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Why don't "guix pack" and "guix environment" accept manifests?
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 14:20:40 +0100

Hi everyone,

Today I tried to convert one of my Guix profiles into a Docker image, and naively tried

        guix pack -f docker -m my-manifest.scm

Now I know it doesn't work, but I wonder if there is a good reason or if this is just not implemented? The same question applies to "guix environment". Maybe even "guix build", although I don't see a use case for that. But I'd expect to be able to use a manifest wherever a list of packages is required.

Konrad.