guix-devel

Re: heads-up: Haskell updates

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: heads-up: Haskell updates
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 17:32:32 -0500

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't see where the diamond depenency is...

GHC includes “transformers”, which is what most packages use, but
“ghc-mtl” includes a different version (it has the same version number,
so it is hard to see from the warnings).

> But Timothy has a patchset that removes the customized "backported"
> ghc-transformer
> package dependency since ghc-transformer is now part of ghc proper.
>
> Its subject is "gnu: Remove Haskell packages provided by GHC".
>
> Maybe that helps...

Actually, Ricardo already pushed a fix that should clear up the
“ghc-mtl” problem.  My patch just applies the same idea to all the other
packages that have the same problem (originally it included “ghc-mtl”,
but Ricardo beat me to it).

-- Tim