guix-devel

Re: Regarding Outreachy round 16

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Regarding Outreachy round 16
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 20:24:02 +0100

Hi I'm Aakanksha, currently a B.tech 2nd-year student, I'm interested in working on the project "Improve the user experience for Guix package". I know C/C++ fair enough, I have experience working with GIT too.

Can anyone tell me how do I begin contributing?

We usually recommend to install guix first, then build hello, and add a package.
You can get the guix manual at https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/.
The is a section on contributing: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Contributing.html#Contributing.

Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us here, on the mailing list, or on the #guix IRC channel on Freenode.