guix-devel

Re: [outreachy] Further steps

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: [outreachy] Further steps
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 12:40:16 +0200

Hi Laura,

> I fill kind of silly, but I am afraid of clicking "Apply for this
> project" and be sending just one contribution and that's it.

Don’t worry about that.  The number of contributions is not the primary
metric we use to select an intern.  Communication weighs a lot, and the
proposed timeline is pretty important to us, too.  The timeline won’t
necessarily be followed during the project (as it’s really hard to
predict exact durations), but it is good to spend some time on thinking
about how this big project can be broken up into much smaller, simpler
tasks.  To us it is important to see that this kind of careful thinking
reflected in the proposed timeline.

--
Ricardo