guix-devel

Re: hydra.gnu.org now provides substitutes for ‘guix pull’

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: hydra.gnu.org now provides substitutes for ‘guix pull’
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 14:30:08 +0100

Hello,

Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> skribis:

> The title is somewhat in-apt right now ;). I went through pain
> today.

Like I wrote earlier today and before that, I think we should now focus
on berlin.guixsd.org and Cuirass (rather than hydra.gnu.org and Hydra.)

You can get substitutes for ‘guix pull’ from berlin, and indeed, I
highly encourage doing so because ‘guix pull’ without substitutes can
take way too much time (when all the substitutes are available, it’s
1.5–2mn on my laptop.)

> Now 'guix pull' itself is rather slow. Would it be possible to use
> Guix pack or archive on an existing ~/.config/guix/current graph?

Substitutes *are* such an archive.

HTH!

Ludo’.