guix-devel

Re: Come back and graphical installer

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Come back and graphical installer
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 22:20:01 +0900

Hello,

I updated the wip-newt-installer, with a first testable version of the
installer. As it requires to rebuild the world and it is not built by
berlin yet, here's an iso version of the installer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OoVhlok1QMRcItwGBZfYn8Ocma-h2oGL/view?usp=sharing

It can be tested with Qemu with the command line:

qemu-system-x86_64 -m 1024 -smp 1 -boot menu=on -drive file=<iso-path> -vga std

Or, on a real hardware, for the bravest :p

Note that remains to be done:
* The partitioning page
* The page to select a desktop environment (gnome, xfce, ...)
* The final step of system reconfiguration

Since my last email, I also added an abstraction layout (in the
gnu/bootloader.scm idea), so that if we want to add a new (gtk3?)
installer in the future, we can still use the same grounds.

I feel that now is a good time to gather remarks/ideas/patches before
diving into the last part. Plus, I'm terrible UI design so any help
tuning logo, colors and button placement would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Mathieu