guix-devel

Re: FOSDEM 2019 stand applications

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2019 stand applications
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 14:28:20 +0100

Hello!

Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 09:02:42AM +0100, Björn Höfling wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 23:16:47 -0600
>> Brett Gilio <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

>> Anyway, it was a first trial, we didn't put too much effort into it and
>> we can now just concentrate on the 2 Guix-days before FOSDEM.

Thanks a lot Björn for dealing with the application.  It’s a bit sad we
didn’t get it, but like you write, there’s a lot of competition for
relatively little space.  Oh well, maybe next year!

I’m really looking forward to the Guix days, I’m confident it’s going to
be fruitful and pleasant.

> What we still can do is have promotional materials and provide them
> through an existing stand. There are probably a few sympathetic to GNU
> Guix. There are also some common tables we can use for that and (of
> course) the minimalism devroom on Saturday.

I agree.  We should print stickers and hopefully the FSFE booth or some
other location will happily host them!

Speaking of which, if someone has ready-to-use SVG files with stickers
(maybe including the word “Guix” and not just the horns), please share!
Someone can order them and then we can likely get it reimbursed by the
Guix fund at the FSF or through the Guix Europe non-profit.

Thanks,
Ludo’.