guix-devel

Re: 01/01: gnu: Add rclone.

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: 01/01: gnu: Add rclone.
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 12:23:26 +0100

Hello,

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> Did you test this?

Yes, of course I tested it. I was using it for my own needs before
sending the patch for review. I obviously fumbled somehow when I sent
the mail, but I still do not get when or why.

> There's a syntax error in the code, such that it not only fails to
> build, but it fails even to produce a _derivation_ describing the build.
> Unfortunately, this kind of error in any package causes problems for our
> build farm, which currently assumes that this kind of error will not
> occur.  Such errors not only cause the individual build to fail, but
> moreover for the entire process that generates a new CI "evaluation" to
> fail, which effectively prevents subsequent package updates on that
> branch from being built until the problem is corrected.

I suggest to add a check, if possible, for that kind of mistake — e.g.,
check if `arguments' value is a valid property list — because forgetting
a line in a leaf package should not cause the whole build farm to die.

> I reverted this commit.

OK. I'll fix the commit.

> Please be careful when pushing to master.

I sincerely hope you're not suggesting I'm not careful when I send
a patch or push it to master. You must know carefulness is not strictly
equivalent to perfectness. Not quite.

Thank you for fixing my mistake.

Regards,

--