guix-devel

Re: 01/01: gnu: uncrustify: Update to 0.68.1.

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: 01/01: gnu: uncrustify: Update to 0.68.1.
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:09:53 +0100

Hi Mark,

Sadly I've run a "guix gc" in a meantime, and I don't have uncrustify 0.68.1
locally anymore.

That said, I already had a discussion a while ago on the Guix mailing list about
GitHub-generated archives which don't have persistant hash sums.  Reason being,
apparently, because of the archive metadata.

So the best practice would be to never use GitHub generated archives and
use git-fetch instead on the right tag.

Thoughts?

--
Pierre Neidhardt