gutopia-dev

[rgui-dev] CASE SYSTEM (IMPORTANT!)

From: Tom Sawyer
Subject: [rgui-dev] CASE SYSTEM (IMPORTANT!)
Date: 11 Aug 2002 04:49:00 -0600

because one of our goals with GUtopIa is to get working code out the
door quickly, i am going to implement a Case System.

every item of agenda will be prescribed a case. each case will have a
goal, status, open date and close date. the idea then is to get each
case goal accomplished by the close date. if a case close date is
reached without the goal accomplished, a new close date will be set. if
the goal is accomplished, even if not to everyone's liking, the case
will be considered closed. this gives us a "window of action" in which
we can change and discuss the solutions to our goals. after a case is
closed, being considered a done-deal, it is not readily open for
alteration. if some one believes a particular goal's solution really
needs alteration, after being closed, they will need to petition to the
rest of us to have the case reopened.

does this make sense to eveyone? please let me know if it requires any
further explination or modification.

so...

CASE #0001 - Case System
Open Date: 2002-08-11
Close Date: 2002-08-20
Goal: To create a case system for GUtopIa development, by which
particular goals are established and solved by set dates. We will
require a set of basic "house rules" for their creation, alteration,
completion, and petition.

--
~transami