gwhere-devel

[GWhere-devel] Re: feature suggestion

From: Zero
Subject: [GWhere-devel] Re: feature suggestion
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:56:36 GMT

ReHi,

When I go to add a disk to my catalog, I would like to be able to type
in any directory name and have it be scanned. For example,
/home/joe/mp3. Right now I am limited to mount points, which is useless
to me except for /cdrom.
Maybe I can fix it myself if it is not too difficult. I am still reading
the code to understand how the program works.
I've thought to add this feature.
The more difficult is the GUI and which type of disk to apply to a "directory disk"?

Why I did not do it yet?
For the following version of GWhere I want to split GWhere in two parts :
- library for catalog file format.
- the main program.
I want to do it in order to add some plugins for various catalogs files formats. When this plugin managment will be done, I thought to split GWhere in three parts :
- library for catalog file format.
- library for the scan of mounted disks.
- the main program.
At this step we could add a library for the scan of directory or the scan of FTP site and more... But we can add this feature before. The scan of mounted disk or directory is the same work. We must just reflect how to present the functionality in the program.

Best regards,
Zero
Main author,
GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org