gwhere-discussion

[GWhere-discussion] Re: translation

From: Zero
Subject: [GWhere-discussion] Re: translation
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:48:08 GMT

Hi everybody,

to do a proper translation it would be nice to see the string at "action"...
hungarian is a strange language, not enought to say verbs, but you have to write something after the verb, that fits to the "action".
Your remark is very interesting.
I see two solutions, but there must be others :
- I should write a translation guide. This guide could contain rules about strings in the program (only verbs in menu and button, no passive sentences, ...). - Integrate more as possible comments about strings in the .pot file. I don't know if it possible, I will looking for... I prefer the second solution. But the first could be a good complement with the second solution.

i think it would be enough if i could use that pot file what i translated. how
can i attach it to the running program?
If you installed GWhere 0.1.1 from sources. You can replace the po/hu.po file by your ho.po file and do :
make
make install

later maybe i will need a short english description for some strings...
No problems. :-) Yours,
Zero
Main author,
GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org