gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] Configuration file in the user home directory?

From: Zero - GWhere
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] Configuration file in the user home directory?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 01:37:26 +0100

Hi Beatrice and the list,

You're welcome!!

> I've started using GWhere yesterday. It looks exactly what I was looking
> for.
It's very great!! :-)

> I have only one minor issue with it.
:-/

> I installed it from the .deb package available on the website
> (version 0.1.1-2).
> I've noticed that none of the settings (e.g. the GUI properties) gets
> saved when I exit the program; it created a ./gwhere directory in my
> home directory but there are no files in it.
> Am I missing a configuration file or is this the way the program is
> supposed to work?
This is a known and fixed bug in the current devel version of GWhere. In
fact the ~/.gwhere folder is not created with the execution right, so
GWhere cannot create the configuration file in this one. At waiting for
the next GWhere release, you can change the ~/.gwhere folder right with
the following command line :
chmod u+x ~/.gwhere

> Thanks in advance for your help.
Thank to you for your mail.

Best regards,

Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org