gwhere-discussion

Re: [Fwd: Re: [GWhere-discussion] possible bug report on disk naming]

From: W. Lichtenberger
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [GWhere-discussion] possible bug report on disk naming]
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 22:37:48 +0200

Hi,

Zero wrote:
> This my response to Wolf Lichtenberger about his last mail. ;-)

which i mistakenly sent not to the list, but as PM instead.

> A lot of work in prospect!!

Keep up the good work, man... 8^)

[...]
> I will change all "disk" references about physical data
> storage by "media". This should be done in the same version which will
> fix the behavior of the "use disk label as disk name" feature.

instead possibly
"use media label as media name"?
"use media label as name of entry"?
"use media label as name in catalog"?

On a different note:
Zero, could not the zlib library be used in future to get that as
yet missing metadata about those files in ZIP archives? OTOH, perhaps it could
be just enough to run "unzip -l somearchive.zip" (other archive formats as
needed) and grab the list from stdout.

--
regards,
-- Wolf Lichtenberger